Monday, January 24, 2011

Tomorrow Is Another Day

During a break from writing a paper and eating peanut butter M&Ms, I went to the eye center to pick up the glasses I ordered last Tuesday. The glasses were finished a week early, and I purchased my last pair when I was a freshman in college - eight years ago - so I was excited to pick them up! After trying them on and adjusting the nose pads, I walked out with a smile on my face. I could be free of my contacts whenever I wanted! The glasses could be a fashion statement!

As I walked back to the lab, I suddenly thought, "Oh crap. Where did these wonderful glasses come from? Did little fingers bend the metal to form the cute frames?" This evening I searched and searched to find the origin of my Bongo frames, and sure enough, they were made in China. I couldn't find the name of the manufacturer, so I can't say if labor rights were forsaken to make my glasses. But it's another example of my increasing awareness about the products I buy.

Maybe next time I'll buy my frames from here. They sure have some stylish frames... if you're a hipster.

No comments:

Post a Comment