Sunday, February 6, 2011

A few of my favorite things...


Today as I was getting ready for the Super Bowl, I realized I have a few things that I really like: bacon, football, and artichoke dip. So the most logical thing to do was combine them into an awesome dip for the Super Bowl. That's right, artichoke dip with bits of bacon blended in and the Packers vs. the Steelers. I had no trouble choosing a team to root for: the Packers, of course! While I didn't have any real reason to cheer for them, I decided that since the Packers beat the Bears, then the Packers better go all the way. 


To make my artichoke dip, I need freshly grated Parmesan cheese. For Christmas, my mom gave me a Microplane grater, which works really, really well. As I was using it today, I realized I didn't know where it came from. I just figured that it came from China, but I wanted to be sure. The internet informed me that it's made in the USA - huzzah! Now I can grate away with no qualms about using my Microplane. 

I wonder where footballs are made...

1 comment: