Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days of the year. A day to celebrate love is never a bad thing.


Last night, as with most nights, I had a really bizarre dream. My dreams are often extremely vivid, and I can actually feel the things that are happening. For example, a month ago I dreamed I had a pet bird that sat on my finger, and I could feel the bird's claws wrapped around my finger.

But I digress.

So last night, I dreamed that I was in lab, and suddenly an alarm rang indicating that we were under attack by large machines that smashed any buildings in their way. I knew my boyfriend was in another building, but I couldn't get to him because the machines were coming and would destroy our building at any minute. I got in the elevator (never a good idea in an emergency, but this was a dream), and a girl in the elevator told me I needed to go to the bottom floor and walk out the door very calmly. I didn't want to draw attention to myself so I did as she told me. And as I walked out the door, I saw a machine bust up the building that my boyfriend was in. I was devastated, but I knew there was nothing I could do. I went to "safe" building and waited for other survivors to arrive. While waiting, I saw some people from my lab that worked in the same building as my boyfriend walk down the hallway. And then I saw him. He was alive!

When I woke up this morning, I told my boyfriend about my dream and how real it felt. I was so thankful that it was just a dream, and he just laughed. But to me, it was a great start to Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment